Friday, April 29, 2011

Baby Carriage cake

This baby carriage cake is 3 layers of chocolate chip pound cake with white chocolate cream filling--ummm-yummy!!!  I am not a seamstress, but took on the task of sewing this carriage skirt and attaching it to my board.  I think I did a pretty good job considering I don't work with a sewing machine much.  It has actually inspired me to try and make some of my chidren's dresses.  We will see how that endeavor works out and who knows-- I might have found another hobby!!!
Back to the carriage-- I threaded some floral wire through some powder blue tulle and shaped it to form the cover of the carriage and then covered some dowel rods with fondant and sprayed them silver for the handle.  I have done a cake like this before and have learned from both experiences on ways to improve this cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment