Friday, March 25, 2011

Toilet Bowl Cake


"bathroom floor"


"poo" is chocolate buttercream, "water" is piping gel colored blue


This was my first toilet bowl cake.  Apparantly, there is a bunch of these made, be it for an "Over the Hill" birthday, plumber school graduation or just to be funny.  I researched  the web for ideas before I started and was amazed at some of the toilet cakes that have been created.  Buddy on the "The Cake Boss" made one that actually flushed--mine does not!!  Most of the cakes were saying "Everything turns to S*** after ##.  We decided to change it up for younger eyes. 

I had some trouble with structure and getting the cake for the bowl to stay up--so it looks like its tilting- oh well.  I don't think it's too bad for my first try.  The tank is made out of RKT and I built a support platform for that to sit on out of a cardboard box.  The lid is a styrofoam board that I wrapped in fondant.  I made the water from piping gel and added some blue coloring.  The "poo" is chocolate buttercream.  The board is also covered in fondant - I measured out squares and then painted them to look like a bathroom tiled floor.  And of course, you can't have a toilet without a plunger nearby.

All in all, I think it turned out ok.  Of course, I am my biggest critic--well maybe 2nd to my husband.  -- but he is also my biggest fan!  It took me 7 hours to make start to finish with several breaks in between. 
I hope the birthday boy gets a kick out of it!!

1 comment:

  1. Heather this turned out great! I had to come check your blog to see if you had a picture up. Great job!

    ReplyDelete